Letting go. The benefit being freedom to act without undue reference to what's already been, what we already know. A future of possibility and freshness opening up before us.
Helps to have an awareness of what we are holding onto. It can be tricky. Some things might help...
- Noticing habits. Behavioural and thinking.
- Noticing relationship patterns.
- Noticing distractons.
- Honesty about and ownership of the past.
- Learning about attachment theory.
- Having courage to be vulnerable.
- Curiosity in the process.