This is a notepad I am keeping to track these thoughts
The use of memetic mantras in meditation
Repitition is used in all sorts of spirituality and medititaon.
Schelling points are universal truths, what we all believe in.
A schelling point is the strongest mantra around an idea or belief system
Many supporting mantras and memes develop in order to preserve and spread the idea.
A mantra is a syllable, word, or phrase that is repeated during meditation. Mantras can be spoken, chanted, whispered, or repeated in the mind. Most mantra meditation techniques have two essential components: mindfulness meditation and mantra recitation or chanting. While this age-old practice is known to have Buddhist and Hindu roots, forms of “sacred word” recitation exist within a great variety of spiritual traditions, including Judeo-Christian and Shamanic. Nowadays, mantra practice is also gaining popularity as part of non-secular mindfulness practice.
Discuss Vibrations and the universe etc
Dig into meditation and vibrations.
How are thoughts vibrations
Discuss why our goal as humans should be to raise the collective vibrations of all mankind
What is a Meme?
Meme - A meme is an idea, behavior, or style that spreads by means of imitation from person to person within a culture and often carries symbolic meaning representing a particular phenomenon or theme.
Memes are spreadable mantras.
They are simple to understand and communicate
Can be as short a single word, i.e. Om and Hodl are both single word memes.
All mantras are memes, but not all memes are mantras.
A rough guide to memetic meditation
1. Why do you want to use memetic meditation
Every person is different and has different reasons for using meditation.
If you can understand why you want to meditate, you will be able to find the best memes to meditate with.
- I assume There are health benefits associated with memetic meditation as it build of matra meditations.
- Memetic meditation can have spiritual benefits as it will assist in lowering your time preference and allow you to let go of your default keynesian ways.
2. Find appropriate memes for your intention
One of the goals of memetic meditation is casting your intentions to the universe in the form of vibrations.
The universe is always listening, so be careful what you put out there.
Each meme has a different vibration so find one that corresponds with your intentions
- Repitition of memes can help you disconnect and focus on your intentions
- Om is a powerful one word mantra, repeating it creates strong vibrations and clears them mind. Blending traditonal mantras with Memes can yield strong results.
Set an intention
No memetic meditation practice is complete without first setting an intention. Dedicate your practice to something such as patience or calmness or strength of hands.