I like to reset my Chrome Sync and powerwash my Chromebook every so often and set it up fresh. It is more of a habit than for security reasons. It allows me to time to consider whether my current setup is working for me. I use all these extensions. Can I be more focused? This setup guide is for my own personal reference.
- Encrypt all synced data with own sync passphrase.
- Set DNS as follows:For IPv6: 2606:4700:4700::1111 and 2606:4700:4700::1001
- Set DuckDuckGo as search engine.
- Require a pin to wake from sleep.
- Restrict User Sign In.
- Block third-party cookies and site data.
- Keep local data only until you quit your browser.
- Allow the appropriate cookies.
- Do not allow any site to track physical location.
- Block protected content.
- Add additional languages - Portuguese (Brasil), Spanish (Latin America)
- Set startup to “Open New Tab Page”
With the settings tightened, I move on to the extensions directly from the Chrome Web Store. And, yes, I used all of them - I wish I didn't. I haven't included the games here because I don't want to encourage fun.
I like to enable flags. You can find the flags here: chrome://flags.
I install the following Apps and Extensions
I like to tweak the theme with Dark Theme v3.
Google Play Store Apps (Android)