September 15, 2020
Did your Windows 10 system recently update to version 2004? Did your 3.5mm headphone jack stop working? Below are the steps I took to resolve the problem.
- Log into machine with administrative privileges
- Open Device Manager
- Click on Sound
- In the action menu pick Add Legacy
- Click Next
- Manually install the hardware
- Pick Sound
- Select Realtek
- Select the 2015 driver (the latest driver will cause problems)
- Reboot your computer and enjoy your, hopefully, working headphones!