November 27, 2020•166 words
Model: MFC-L2710DW series - IPP Everywhere
How to Install...
- The following ports are required to be open.
- Inbound direction : UDP Port 54925
- Outbound direction : TCP Port 54921
Install the driver:
- Turn on your MFC/DCP and connect the USB cable.
- Open the terminal and go to the directory where the driver is.
- Install the scanner driver - sudo dpkg -i --force-all (scanner-drivername)
- Check if the driver is installed - sudo dpkg -l | grep Brother
Adding Scanner to computer
Add network scanner entry -
sudo brsaneconfig4 -a name=(name your device) model=(model name) ip=xx.xx.xx.xx
sudo brsaneconfig4 -a name=brother_scranner model=L2710DW ip=192.168.0.111
Confirm network scanner entry:
sudo brsaneconfig4 -q | grep (name of your device)
Install scanner application
Scanner application that worked well:
Note: This was available in the Ubuntu software centre.
#linux #scanner #ubuntu