May 8, 2022•127 words
- 2 cups (280 g) All-purpose (plain) flour
- ½ cup (100 g) Granulated white sugar
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp (1.25 mL) Baking soda
- ¼ cup (59 mL) Unsalted butter (melted)
- ½ cup (118 mL) Milk (lukewarm)
- Combine all the dry ingredients and mix well..
- Add the butter and milk.
- Knead the dough for 5 minutes, then let it rest for 5 minutes.
- For crunchy biscuits, roll out the dough thin. For softer biscuits, roll out the dough a little thicker. Cut into a diamond shape.
- Fry in canola or vegetable oil using medium-low heat for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Place them in a sieve or a plate lined with paper towels.