January 7, 2022•277 words
So I think this blog is finished along with my travels by motorcycle. In more than 10,000 miles of travel, I've written over 100,000 words, which is the equivalent of a good-sized book. But somewhere along the way I lost my enthusiasm and blogging started to feel like a chore. I think at least part of the reason is that a comprehensive travelogue became too restrictive a format, and the effort of keeping it up weekly slipped all too easily into an obligation.
I want to keep writing but I need a new format and a less regular schedule, so I started a newsletter called Hinterlander so you can get posts by email instead of having to check back for updates. Or you can read it like a blog if you want to. I won't promise any regularity at all, it's just going to depend on when I feel like writing and have the time to do it.
If you're just arriving here and want help making sense of the huge pile of content, here's a guide to the posts covering various parts of the journey:
- Adventures on Kiddo in NC and VA: Week 1 - Week 10
- Fixing up Punkin: Week 11 - Week 25
- South to Florida on Punkin: Week 26 - Week 30
- North to The Soo on Punkin: Week 31 - Week 38
- West to Montana on Punkin: Week 39 - Week 41
- Summer Break: Week 42 - Week 51
- South to Los Angeles on Sugar: Week 52 - Week 55
- Back East on Sugar: Week 56 - Week 59+
- Summary of the Trip