December 4, 2021•216 words
My Firefox tweaks for privacy and security
I'v been asked several times which add-ons and tweaks for Firefox I have installed for privacy and security. So I decided to write them here for easy reference.
Please not that this is only for basic privacy and security.
In my humble opinion, everyone should at least have these three add-ons installed for basic security/privacy:
RECOMMENDED FIREFOX PREFERENCES SETTINGS
- Open Preferences panel in Firefox.
- Go to "Privacy & Security" and choose "Strict" and set "Do Not Track" to Always.
- Scroll down to Permissions and click "Settings…" and block new requests for Location, Camera, Microphone and Notifications on each one.
DISABLE WEBRTC (FOR MORE SECURITY)
- Enter "about:config" in the firefox address bar and press enter.
- Search "media.peerconnection.enabled"
- Change the entry column "Value" to "false"
- Done. Your should be WebRTC leak safe now.
DISABLE ALL WebRTC RELATED SETTINGS IN FIREFOX (even more secure)
- media.peerconnection.turn.disable = true
- media.peerconnection.usedocumenticeservers = false
- media.peerconnection.video.enabled = false
- media.peerconnection.identity.timeout = 1
Or you can just install Disable WebRTC if you a lazy! :) It will turn off WebRTC as explained above. But I would still recommend disableing it manual, less extensions is better.