January 16, 2019
- keep getting duplicate editor extensions installed for some reason - both desktop and mobile. Also got duplicate tags
- sync seems to break if I have the same note open on desktop and mobile
- no scroll "bounce" or elasticity at the end of a document/list on either desktop or mobile (Mac/iOS) feels weird
- spellcheck using ~40% CPU. Checking after every keystroke?
- no keyboard shortcut for "new note"?
- Pasting "1:" in front of a line in the plaintext editor takes a really long time
- new Spreadsheet extension is amazing! Really shows what the system is capable of.
- is the Extensions menu the only way to get back to the note list with the "No Distraction" extension applied on desktop? Would be nice to have a button or keyboard shortcut to enable/disable it.
- can't delete a todo in the todo extension
- can't mark a todo as "not done" vs. checked off
- no way to group tasks (sections or subtasks)
- Advanced Markdown editor doesn't recognize / format todos
- Any way to do a Smart Tags selection based on the editor used? Would be useful for finding Spreadsheets and Todos, for example
- Quicktag + Folders
- adds duplicate tags (the selected tag, and any parent tags)
- Tags on note view - would be nice if it just displayed child tags
- could be Standard Notes killer app! Especially with the new spreadsheet extension in Standard Notes!
- take a look at some of the CRDT libraries, especially what's being used by cryptpad.fr, y-js.org and peerpad.net. They seem pretty mature
Mobile (testing 3.0.0 build 4)
- constant flashing of "saving / all changes saved" at the top of the mobile note screen while writing is really distracting. Could use something much more subtle?
- any way to use FileSafe on mobile?
- Some lower screen areas are difficult to access on iPhoneX (e.g. in a Spreadsheet)
- can't reorder todos in todo extension on mobile
- Minimal Markdown editor bugs:
- Google keyboard and autocorrect don't seem to work (fine in the plaintext editor)
- text disappears behind the keyboard
- Tags view is confusing when using the folders view on Desktop. Would make me want to switch off the Folders extension and just use views instead... but then I would lose Smart Tags, which I need for customized views!
- In the note options pane, I touched the tag button thinking it would give me a different view of the tags, was surprised that it was the "new tag" button. Might be better to somehow integrate a "+" symbol with the tag symbol
- Really slow and annoying to load the editors every time you load a note. Any way to keep the editor loaded in memory? The delay would make me not use the editors feature.
- Spreadsheets bugs:
- tapping on a cell to edit it doesn't scroll the cell into view when the keyboard pops up and blocks the cell
- third party keyboards seem to be broken (I use Gboard). Can't enter text at all