Issue No. 29: Contract for the Web, Pianos in War, the Mistake That Toppled the Berlin Wall & More...
December 13, 2019
- Permanent Record by Edward Snowden
- Contract for the Web - A global plan of action to make our online world safe and empowering for everyone
- Game Chronicle - A History of Japanese computer games, in a game.
- Paranoia Is Now a Best Practice
- When the Pianos Went to War
- Google reportedly collects health data on millions of Americans without informing patients
- 4 Feminist Lies That Are Making Women Miserable
- Russia to ban sale of devices that don’t come with “Russian software”
- Canals: a four part visual glimpse into the history of 17th century canals of Amsterdam
- The Gambler Who Cracked the Horse-Racing Code
- The mistake that toppled the Berlin Wall
- Shoebill's Meal Time
- Is the world getting better or worse? A look at the numbers | Steven Pinker
- Three Ingredients for Murder: Neuroscientist James Fallon on psychopaths and libertarians
Worth listening to:
- Hobo Johnson and The Lovemakers
- Orville Peck - Dead of Night
- Playing Well: Frightened Rabbit. Chris Hawkins examines the life and legacy of Frightened Rabbit's Scott Hutchison.
- Share The Meal. The world’s first app against global hunger.
- Boxhagener Platz, Berlin. For food, coffee and weekend markets.