Issue No. 28: Why Americans Smile so Much, Toms Shoes Hacked by a Nice Man, 100-year Typography Mystery and More...
November 3, 2019
- RESIST! How to Be an Activist in the Age of Defiance. I hesitated to include this book on the list because I'll happily admit I only bought it for the design direction. The content is not all that interesting but it serves as some nice design inspiration.
- The Tiny Scottish Island Where Arguments Are Settled With Cheese and Whisky
- The Global Disinformation Order - 2019 Global Inventory of Organised Social Media Manipulation. Research paper by Oxford University (PDF download)
- Why Americans Smile So Much
- Colorful Japan - 226 posters at Stedelijk Museum, Amsterdam
- Toms Shoes hacked by nice man
- The Gorgeous Typeface That Drove Men Mad and Sparked a 100-Year Mystery
- Project Ö - A Self-Sustaining Cabin in the Finnish Archipelago
- 3,000 year old mummies discovered in Egypt
- Steel speaker by Jonas Majors
- Why Iraq's great rivers are dying
- Corey Duffel - Downtown Lights
- A conversation with Elon Musk about Starship
- Felipe Nunes' "Welcome to Birdhouse" Part
Worth listening to:
- How anonymous is anonymous data collection? Take the quiz to see if 'anonymous' data could be traced back to you.