May 18, 2018•277 words
I hope you're all doing well. Here's a new list for you!
- We by Yevgeny Zamyatin. A dystopian novel about a totalitarian police state. Completed in 1921 by the Russian author that directly inspired both Orwell and Huxley.
- A Cab Driver Captures 30 Years of New York After Dark
- The Scouts rebrand aims to reflect a “more relevant image of Scouting”
- Weird and Wonderful Gas Stations from around the World
- Prussian blue and its partner in crime
- We Asked People How They Feel About Facebook. Here’s What They Said. Despite the (not so surprising) recent news only 17% of people made changes to their account.
- Haven’t we met before? On doppelgängers and perception.
- Astell & Kern’s new hi-fi audio player has the strangest bezels on the planet
- The Minimalist Monochrome Smartphone by Blloc
Worth listening to:
- Scott Hutchison - The Modern Leper. It's incredibly sad to think he's no longer with us. If you're not familiar with Frightened Rabbit do check them out.
- The National - The KKK Took My Baby Away (Ramones cover)
- Chris Farren - I Drew You Once In Art Class
- Quit social media - Dr. Cal Newport at TED
- Why Stradivarius violins are worth millions
- Tony Hawk: 50 tricks at Age 50
- The Origins of the Iconic "Keep Calm and Carry On" Poster
- Jordan Peterson on The Wright Stuff
- Walhalla monument, Regensburg. Ordered by Bavarian King Ludwig I this monument is located in Bavaria by the Danube and pays tribute to various historic German people.