December 30, 2020•88 words
My steps to make a website able to be added to home screen, standalone with an icon.
- Make or use a mobile friendly website. Don’t forget a viewport meta tag!
- Make an icon. Android Asset Studio is great for making simple icons quickly
- Generate icon sets with the 512p (or higher res) icon on something like Real Favicon Generator
- Add the html code and upload the icons and manifests
- Replace the icons in the generated manifest.json with the realfavicon generated ones if you use another generator