2018 KTM 500 EXC-F
This is my first KTM, purchased new from a dealer in the Spring of 2019. As of February 2020 it has about 80 hours on it against 2700 or so miles.
The plan is to use it as a general adventure bike; everything from two weeks camping in the Utah desert to day trips doing single track.
Unlike my other motorcycle, I haven't been shy about mods. This bike doesn't need mods...most of the things are just cheap enough that it's not a big deal to change.
- Highway Dirt Bikes Ultimate Handguards
- Highway Dirt Bikes Modular Dash
- Enduro Engineering Xtreme Skid Plate
- Acerbis 4.1 Gallon Fuel Tank
- Seat Concepts seat
- FMF Factory 4.1 Slip On Exhaust
- JD Tuner
- Smog block off kit
- Sicass Multi-Function Bar Switch
- Sicass LED tail light
- Mark 3 Pivot Pegz footpegs
2018 BMW R1200GS
This is my road ride; although I've done trails with it, it's mostly for getting around on the highway system comfortably.
I purchased this from the dealer in September of 2018 (right before the R1250s came out) on a trade in of a 2008 R800GS and a 2017 Ducati Scrambler Desert Sled. I immediately took it on a 6k mile road trip and have put almost 12k on it in total as of February 2020.
When I bought the bike I decided to keep records of every penny I spend on it - gas, farkles, maintenance, the works. And I have! Which is cool to see.
The mods are pretty spartan; it's more or less bone stock other than added protection.
- AltRider crash bars
- MachineartMoto Valve Cover Protectors
- Black Dog Skid Plate
- Black Dog Traction footpegs
- BMW Navigator VI (purchased with bike)