November 9, 2019•955 words
You can contribute to this list. Your input can be sent to email@example.com. Thank you for your attention.
Books & Education
PAY. REAL. MONEY. FOR. IT. Don't use Facebook or other surveillance capitalism coorporations for getting informed.
- The Guardian
- New York Times (See their Privacy Project)
- Information (DK)
- Weekendavisen (DK)
- Zetland (DK)
- The Age of Surveillance Capitalism by Shoshana Zuboff (Overvågningskapitalismens Tidsalder)
- Podcasts with Shoshana Zuboff
- Team Human by Douglas Rushkoff
- Zucked by Roger Macnamee
- Facebook - The Inside Story by Steven Levy
- Deep Work and Digital Minimalism by Cal Newport
- Quit SoMe Ted Talk
- LIKE af Camilla Mehlsen og Vincent F. Hendricks (Free download in Danish)
- Overvågningskapitalismens Tidsalder af Shoshana Zuboff (Informations Forlag)
- Artikler om overvågningskapitalisme i Dagbladet Information (DK)
- Digital Totalitarisme af Mads Vestergaard
- Sluk af Imran Rashid
- Like af Vincent Hendricks og Camilla Mehlsen
- Hvordan bliver vi digitalt dannede? / Moderne Idéer bogserie af Vincent Hendricks
- Hvem skal bruge sundhedsdata - og til hvad? / Moderne Idéer bogserie af Klaus Høyer
- Gå Glip - Om begrænsningens kunst i en grænseløs tid - Svend Brinkmann
Movies & Talks
- Center for humane tech: A new agenda for tech | https://vimeo.com/332532972
- Mozilla Blog - American non-profit working to keep the internet open and accessible to all
- Restoreprivacy.com - Amazingly competent in-depth information about privacy tools
- Datadetoxkit.org - Collaboration between Tactical Tech (Berlin) and Mozilla, beautifully designed site that teaches you how to protect your data.
- Surveillance Self Defence - Tips, Tools and How-tos for Safer Online Communications, A Project of the Electronic Frontier Foundation
- Prism-break.org - Opt out of global data surveillance programs like PRISM, XKeyscore and Tempora.
- Panoptykon Foundation - Polish organisation with aim to educate about and solve problems with the Surveillance Society we live in.
- Article: Understanding the 3 types of data collected about you
- Firefox Internet Browser
- Read more about Firefox in this Restore Privacy Review
- Plugins for Firefox
- Mobile Phone-settings:
- Use flight-mode often
- Turn off location sharing
- Turn of notifications except calls and maybe text
- Install apps to measure your time spent on your phone
- Quality Time
- http://cryptohagen.dk/# (DK)
Make it your personal goal to develop more tolerance for inconvenience in your quest to take control over your digital life. Adding friction reduces the amount of willpower you need to use to accustom to new habits. To hurt surveillance capitalism companies economically and reduce their predictive power over you, begin minimizing your dataflow on their platforms today.
Don't fall for the false dichotomies and rhetoric:
- Perfect / Failed
- You will never be a perfect activist. Nor will you be a complete failure. (Unless you stop caring).
- Optimist / Pessimist
- Ask yourself: What can I do about this? And go do it! It doesn't matter very much if your an optimist or a pessimist! (Well, maybe if your voice influences other people alot...) It matters whether you're an activist or an inactivist.
- Idealist / Realist
- The rhetoric used to describe your current position or values remains less important than the direction of you're actions: Are you part of the problem, or part of the solution?
- Most important factors of resistance to persuasion
- Ability to premeditate
- self-awareness to think through consequences
- manifested goals
- tracking progress
- principles and habbits
- Ability to premeditate
- Know your why's
- Avoid misinformation and don't be a sucker