November 28, 2020•193 words
I have translated one of my favorite Dutch meals: Blote billen in het gras.
- 400 gr Flat broad green beans (runner beans), chopped into even-sized pieces. (I buy them frozen and already chopped)
- 500 gr potatoes, peeled and diced.
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Cook the potatoes for 15-20 minutes until soft, drain well.
- While the potatoes cook, bring a pan of water to the boil, add the prepared beans and cook for 5 - 10 minutes or until just tender but still crisp. Add the white beans to warm them up in the last 2 minutes. Drain well, but save some of the moisture.
- Mash the potatoes and stir in the green and white beans into it. If it is to dry, add some of the saved water.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
I like to serve it with a vegan sausage on the side or stir in some pieces of spicy tofu.