January 28, 2021•204 words
Maybe getting things organized how I want them is simply a matter of asking and answering the right questions. Complex systems evolve from simple ones that work, and what's simpler than answering a question?
Here are the questions that make up most of the stuff I'm trying to organize:
How will I ___ (effectively)?
- Decide what tasks to do
- Distribute my time
- Organize my calendar
- Ensure that my bedroom is orderly
- Ensure that my phone doesnt get cluttered
- Secure and protect my data
- Organize and retain my knowledge/notes
- Keep learning
- Organize my writing
- Make sure I use 'shower thoughts'
- Enable myself to get back on track if my schedule is derailed
- Make sure I don't have too much screen time
- Still have fun
- Have review sessions make sure I’m reaching my goals
- Plan long-term
- Plan events
This is a good list. I've torn down my organization system already; if I can just work on answering these questions this week and get through half of them I'll be much better off than I started. This is a novel yet intuitive approach to things that I hadn't considered before.