February 18, 2021
Florence Scovel Shinn
The Road to Success
- The road to success is a straight and narrow path; it is a road of loving absorption and undivided attention. But where is our attention being assigned based on our assumptions within?
- The man who achieves success has the fixed idea of success. If it is founded on a rock of truth and rightness it will stand
- If not, it is built upon sand and washed into the sea, returning to its native nothingness
- Every day examine my consciousness and see just what I am preparing for
- Use what I have with wisdom and it opens the way for more to come to me
- A well-known man, who has become a great power in the financial world, said to a friend, "I always follow intuition and I am luck incarnate."
- Inspiration (which is divine guidance) is the most important thing in life
- People come to Truth meetings for inspiration. I find the right word will start divine activity operating in their affairs
- Faith is expectancy, "According to your faith, be it unto you."
- I might say, according to my expectancies be it done unto you; so, what am I expecting?
- I hear people say: "We expect the worst to happen," or "The worst is yet to come." They are deliberately inviting the worst to come
- I hear others say: "I expect a change for the better." They are inviting better conditions into their lives
Change my expectancies and I change my conditions
Faith is loyalty to the unseen reality
The superconscious is the realm of inspiration, revelation, illumination, and intuition
- The Imagination is Man's Workshop, the Scissors of the Mind, where he is constantly cutting out the events of his life!
- I juggle with the intellect. The intellect would say, "Times are hard, no activity in real estate. Don't expect anything until the Fall of 2022."
- With spiritual law there is only the now
- Before I call I am answered, for "time and space are but a dream," and my blessing is there awaiting for me to release it by faith and the word. I have been given the gift of speech and mind. My goal is to keep the garden of the mind through the mind. I do this by selecting and fulfilling a desire which requires purification of mind
- I can learn to control my thoughts in the same way, by gentle determination, not force
- I take an affirmation and repeat it continually, while my thoughts are on the rampage
- I cannot always control my thoughts, but I can control my words, and repetition impresses the subconscious, and I am the master of the situation
- Hundreds of people choosing the wrong gifts because they were not listening to their intuitive leads
- No matter what I am doing, ask for guidance. It saves time and energy and often a lifetime of misery
- All suffering comes from the violation of intuition. Unless intuition builds the house, they labor in vain who build it
- Get the habit of hunching, then I will always be on the magic path
- "And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer, and while they are yet speaking, I will hear."
- Working with spiritual law, I am bringing to pass that which already is. In the Universal Mind it is there as an idea, but is crystallized on the external, by a sincere desire
If I am convinced that I am a failure, I will be a failure, until I impress the subconscious with the conviction I am a success
- This is done by making an affirmation which "clicks."
- The reason it is necessary to make an affirmation is because repetition impresses the subconscious
- Every day choose the right words, the right thoughts!