October 16, 2020•412 words
Thursday morning: For some strange reason (maybe getting older has something to do with it) waking from good, long sleeps seems to take longer than it used to. Last night, for example, brought me a restful eight hours punctuated by a one-hour insomnia break. That's about the best I can hope for these days. And I didn't really pull out of the mental fog until I woke from a mid-morning nap after 10:00. Interesting, that. The morning's health metrics and financial checks were all good.
Thursday night: Another quiet day. The chess work went well. Sylvia called me out to the front porch this afternoon to watch two police cruisers meeting in the middle of the street, then parking, and the officers going across the street to have an extended conversation with the horrible old man that everyone in the neighborhood hates. We speculated about what was being discussed, then we tired of watching them and came back inside.
Tonight has found me listening to the Jonesboro, Arkansas shootout - the college football game between Georgia St. and Arkansas St. via the TuneIn Channel of my Roku box. Luckily the Channel is stable and playing well tonight. The guys calling the game are doing a good job and the game itself is a high-scoring affair with a lot going on. So it'll keep my attention until I fade for the night.
- 08:20 - prayer to St. Michael the Archangel
- 10:30 - daily prayer for President Trump
- 15:35 - Thursday Prayer of the Association of the Auxilium Christianorum
- 16:35 - Lk 11:47-54
- 21:30 - 5 decades of the Rosary, the Joyful Mysteries
- 08:30 - bowl of oatmeal, and an apple
- 11:30 - peanut-butter sandwich
- 13:05 - bowl of vegetable soup and a croissant
- 13:50 - fried rice, bacon and eggs
- 17:00 - snacking on cheese
- 08:30 - began following favorite news sources, and napping
- 11:00 - tuned into The Rush Limbaugh Show
- 13:30 - watch game shows with Sylvia
- 17:00 - scan news shows
- 18:30 - Wheel of Fortune
- 19:00 - found radio broadcast of college football game - Georgia St. Panthers vs. Arkansas St. Red Wolves
- 19:50 - shall give up for the evening trying to adjust the settings of an app that isn't responding as expected. Have been working on this off and on throughout the day.
- 13:00 - moved in all pending CC games