October 17, 2020•535 words
It was a short night from which I woke, short through no fault of my own. I was awake at 02:45 at the end of a short insomnia break and returning to sleep when the noise across the street started. Apparently the guy across the street had been driven home from the bar and the car that brought him had its sound system, especially the bass, turned up really loud. And the car was in ho hurry to leave. It stayed and kept the music playing for ... who knows how long? Half an hour? Long enough to bring me back wide awake and extend what started out as a short insomnia break into one much longer.
The morning health metrics and financials, when I finally checked them, were all in good shape.
Three things to note about this day: 1.) Two power naps, one mid-morning and the other late afternoon, have helped tremendously. They've made up for last night's insomnia. 2.) I have no idea why, exactly, the listed.to blog powered by my Standard Notes app started working late this morning. I worked off and on all day yesterday trying to set it up and nothing seemed to work. Even now it's not as polished as it will eventually be. But it's up and running. And 3.) the TuneIn Radio app is really wonky this evening. Last night it brought in my college football clearly and without interruption. Now it's silent and [buffering...] more than it's bringing in the game. At least during tonight's first game through most of the first half of play. Sure hope that clears up.
- 07:30 - prayer to St. Michael the Archangel
- 11:45 - Litany of Humility
- 13:30 - Lk 12:1-7
- 17:00 - A Prayer for Holy Souls (the souls in Purgatory)
- 19:48 - Prayer for the Sick, O Blessed St. Roch..., Our Father..., Hail Mary..., Glory Be...
- 20:15 - 5 Decades of the Rosary, the Sorrowful Mysteries
- 07:45 - bowl of oatmeal, and an apple
- 13:15 - bowl of cooked vegetables
- 14:00 - pork chops, baked potatoes
- 15:00 - ice cream bar
- 17:15 - snacking on cheese
- 07:45 - started following my favorite news sources, and napping
- 11:30 - tuned into The Rush Limbaugh Show
- 11:35 - AHA! The work I spent most of yesterday (off and on) trying to apply has finally taken effect! And that is going to make a huge change in how I do my blogging.
- 14:00 - watching game shows with Sylvia
- 15:20 - turned on the police band radio scanner (San Antonio and Bexar County Law Enforcement), and napped 😴
- 16:20 - turned to Newsmax TV
- 17:35 - got my evening of college football started - SMU Mustangs vs. Tulane Green Wave - 10-7 SMU in the 1st qtr. - radio call of the game over TuneIn Radio app
- 15:30 - moved in several CC games