A grim and gloomy start to this morning, and I'm not sure why. Last night's sleep was about average: 3 1/2 hr. 1st sleep segment, followed by 45 min. insomnia break, then another sleep segment of a little more than three hours, finally waking 1/2 hour before my first alarm. That should be enough to see me through the day.
Local and National news is all pretty depressing, that's probably a source of the grimness I sense.
The morning's health metrics were surprisingly good, though, and the financials checked out okay. There is that to dispel the gloom. Yeah. Think I'll focus on that. And my prayers, of course.
[FYI, the above paragraphs were posted to my micro-blog today.]
It didn't take long for this day to develop into a good one. With each hour, as I moved from chore to chore, the quality the day improved. As I listen to radio coverage of the Bears/Rams Game this evening there's a healthy sense of satisfaction in what I've been able to accomplish. And when I put head to pillow in a few hours it will be with no regrets about my part in this Monday.
- 06:30 - Prayer to St. Michael the Archangel
- 13:00 - Day 5 of the KofC Novena Before the Beatification of Michael McGivney, meditations and prayers
- 19:30 - Monday Prayers of the Association of the Auxilium Christianorum
- 20:00 - Lk 13:10-17
- 20:30 - 5 Decades of the Rosary, The Joyous Mysteries
- 07:00 - 1 banana
- 07:50 - cheesecake
- 08:40 - bowl of oatmeal 😋
- 10:45 - potato salad
- 11:50 - peanut butter sandwich
- 13:50 - coleslaw
- 14:30 - meatloaf and asparagus
- 16:30 - ice cream bar
- 19:45 - macaroni salad
- 07:45 - published microblog post
- 08:10 - watch YouTube videos
- 08:45 - turn to local AM radio station
- 09:00 - checking today's Bill Whittle videos
- 09:35 - updating paper planner and budget book
- 10:15 - listen to talks from CIC2020
- 11:00 - start the weekly laundry
- 11:45 - started listening to the Rush Limbaugh Show
- 13:15 - watch game shows with Sylvia
- 15:15 - listening to talks from CIC2020
- 19:15 - tuned into the Bears/Rams Game radio coverage
- 16:00 - moved in several CC games