February 23, 2023•274 words
- 2 medium sized Eggplants
- small to medium head of cauliflower, cut into small florets with flat sides
- 3-4 radishes, thick sliced
- 1 Tbsp of ghee
- level tspn of Seafood Masala spice mix
- 1/2 cup of sea moss gel or fresh equivalent[*1] *2-3 cups of water or stock
- Use a fork to poke holes in the eggplants. Place them on a baking sheet and air fry for 40 mins on 230C. Turn over half way through.
- Remove eggplants from oven, check for doneness (should be collapse to the touch). Set aside on a plate to drain and cool.
- In a large bowl, toss cauliflower and radishes with ghee and masala spice mix until well coated.
- On a baking tray, spread a baking sheet, and spread the cauliflower and radishes out evening aiming to have the pieces on their flat sides
- Air fry or convection oven for 20 mins at 230C. Check they are fork soft.
- When eggplant is cool enough to touch, peel and cut flesh into chucks
- When cauliflower is done, add all ingredients to high speed blender, add 2-3 cups of water or stock depending on desired consistency. Blend on High Speed until desired consistency reached.
- Serving suggestions: serve with a white fish and/or dollop of creme fraiche.
- If preparing sea moss gel fresh for the dish, blend first before adding other ingredients as it can be a little tough to break down.
This work by Rod Sherwin is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License