First - today is Veteran’s Day.
Let’s remember those who swore an oath to defend and protect the Constitution of the United States. One does not ‘undo’ an oath. Our veterans are still serving their country.
Update on the elections
Overall, Republicans had good results across North Carolina and the nation.
- President Trump continues to have a path forward to win re-election despite the news media calling the election for Biden. It isn’t over ’till it’s over.
- North Carolina supported Trump by 57,000 votes. The state was called for Trump on Tuesday by The Election Desk. I expect changes in the map as the week progresses.
- Senator Thom Tillis was re-elected. Cunningham conceded.
- Our targeted Congressional members were all re-elected and overall the US House of Representatives Republican count went up significantly
- Many council of state members were elected or re-elected. Jim O’Neill’s race for Attorney General may end up going to recount. He is down 10,000 votes.
- The judicial races have turned out great - right now we are 8 for 8, but Paul Newby’s race for North Carolina Chief Justice will go to a recount.
- Recounts will be completed by November 24.
The Georgia Senate race will determine control of the US Senate. As no Senate candidate in Georgia won over 50% of the vote, there will now be a run-off election. Several of you have asked how we can support the Republican candidates there.
- David Purdue will be competing against a Democrat for one Senate Seat.
- Kelly Loeffler will compete against a second Democrat for Georgia's second Senate Seat.
The Georgia GOP candidates will need money. If you would like to contribute, here are their sites:
For Kelly: https://kellyforsenate.com
Board of Elections actions
Thursday at 4:00 PM the Board will review provisional ballots. Friday at 11:00 AM the Board will conduct ‘canvass’ and certify the county elections. I urge you to view both of these online at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL0wi_zdAzT2sMnGC6CHOGQ/ . While I expect no issues, our democracy depends on oversight by the population.
We continue to search for a headquarters for the Chatham Republican Party. Our lease was extended until December 31, 2020 so we have one more month to search.
Please consider pledging to keep our headquarters open: support one week at $400, or support one month at $1,500. We already have pledges for four months!
Help out if you can, and let me know at CCGOP_Chair@pm.me We are all volunteers and need the county’s support to keep pushing conservative values in government.