☝ The ally,
- the guardian
- the one who has your back
- the ferocious protector
- think mama bear
- those feisty birds
- and on and on ⤵
| the source of peace
Thanks for visiting. The Quran alone community has good reason for skepticism around the word "salah" or "salat" as it relates to ritualized Islam.
Some from the Quran alone espouse a practice of not following the Sunni 5 daily salah ritual. Note, salah, not "prayer".
Why? Because the Quran only talks about 3 salah as it relates to a routine, and of course, dhikr allah or recollecting God is strongly recommended by God no less, as well as David if you've read the first few lines of chapter 1 of the Psalms, [translating into English][
- Blessed is the one,
- whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on His law, day and night.
| Side note, I was informed this ☝ "law" is "sharia"
One issue in the healthy discussion around Salah revolves around sujud, which is often translated as prostrate, yield, submit and so on; with prostrate being common, and God knows best.
Where am I going with all of this?
The word "Salah" or "Salat" in the Quran is not mentioned together with "Sujud". Yet the practice of ritualized Islam prominently features a prostration yoga move, which is understood as "a sujud".
- I have zero problem with that interpretation.
Indeed, it makes sense to me, as it relates to [
🌠] and [
🍂]. That heavenly bodies move, apart from being fascinating, this is a sujud. That my chin should fall to the floor is totally fine, and indeed, is the literal translation of sujud. I don't have a citation unfortunately. However, iff God wills, I'll do you one better. Here is brother Yaseen from Quran Centric breaking down the term [Sujud][
💧] for us.
More [2¢ here][
📺], and I welcome [your thoughts][
On a personal note ⤵
Salah, to me, has an obvious connection to the term
selah which you will find sprinkled around in the book of Psalms. Considering these are Semitic languages I'm almost certain
| and I'm no expert. I would love to hear or watch a YouTube video from someone familiar with this Arabic root word methodology stuff share a bit on Selah.
- 🏷 #sujud #quran #selah #salat #star
- [🗣]: https://read.quranexplorer.com/53/1/62/Usmani/Abdul-Baasit/Eng-Yusuf%20Ali/Tajweed-OFF
- [💧]: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4APNPrfRORQ&t=2156s
- [💬]: https://listed.to/authors/4464/guestbook
- [📺]: https://youtu.be/7q87PQW4qMs
- [🍂]: https://www.islamawakened.com/quran/53/62/
- [🌠]: https://www.islamawakened.com/quran/53/1/
- [📖]: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+1&version=NIV
| pending revisions
- 1.1 youtube tags
- 1.0 dual, blog post and youtube description combo package
- 0.1 video upload