I created this blog initially as a place to store my notes from my Korean lessons, but realised it made more sense as a generic language blog as I'm also learning other languages (though not as actively since I'm focusing on Korean).
I've started to document my learning in other areas as well, so I will include posts from other areas from time to time.
Before it all gets out of hand and I throw up my hands in defeat at trying to organise, I decided to keep a list of my posts here (which I'll hopefully remember to update).
- Lessons 1-10 Grammar Summary: Very first post on this blog
- Lessons 1-10 Vocabulary List
- Lesson 11: Start Chapter 3, Chapter 3 vocab
- Lesson 12: Grammar: Conjugation for the informal polite present tense, Direct object marker
- Lesson 13: Grammar: Indicating the location where an action took place, Negating a verb. Quiz.
- Lesson 14: Start Chapter 4, Chapter 4 vocab, Grammar: Making statements about the place where the speaker is located
- Lesson 15: Grammar: Indicating the location of someone or something, Indicating when someone is going to (coming from) a place
- Lesson 16: Grammar: Indicating the position of objects or places relative to each other
- Lesson 17: Start Chapter 5, Chapter 5 vocab, Grammar: Dates and days
- Lesson 18: Grammar: Past tense. Quiz
- Lesson 19: Grammar: Listing events in order
- Lesson 20: End Chapter 5. Quiz in preparation for test.
- Lesson 21: Revision for Chapters 1-5
- Lesson 22: Beginner 1 Test (Chapters 1-5)
- Lesson 23: Start Chapter 6, Chapter 6 vocab. Large (Sino-Korean) numbers for prices. Grammar: Politely making requests.
- Lesson 24: Native Korean numbers (1-29), Unit nouns. Grammar: Counting items
- Lesson 25: Revision lesson, same as Lesson 24. First online lesson.
- Lesson 26: Quiz (same as Lesson 24). Adjectives in a sentence, revision on particles.
- Lesson 27: Grammar: 도; Culture note for Chapter 6
- Lesson 28: Pronunciation for Chapter 6. Start Chapter 7, Chapter 7 vocab. Irregular conjugation for some verbs and most adjectives with final consonant ㅂ
- Lesson 29: Vocab Quiz; Grammar: 지만 and 습니다/ㅂ니다
- Lesson 30: Grammar: 고
- Lesson 31: Finishing Chapter 7: Listening, Culture note and Pronunciation for Chapter 7; Start Chapter 8, Chapter 8 vocab.
- Lesson 32: Chapter 8 Grammar: ㄹ까요?, ㄷ irregular verbs
- Lesson 33: Chapter 8 Grammar: 이[그, 저] + N, A/V-네요, Culture note (dating)
- Lesson 34: Chapter 8 Pronunciation, Chapter 9 Vocab, Honorific Speech
- Lesson 35: Vocab Quiz, Chapter 9 Grammar: N1(의) N2, N을/를 잘하다 [잘 못하다, 못하다], N(이)세요
- Lesson 36: Chapter 9 Grammar: A/V-(으)-시-
- Lesson 37: Chapter 9 Pronunciation, Revision for Chapters 6-9
- Lesson 38: Beginner 2 Test (Chapters 6-9)
- Lesson 39: Start Chapter 10, Chapter 10 Vocab, Grammar: Time, N부터 N까지
- Lesson 40: Chapter 10 Grammar: V-아서/어서; -(으)ㄹ 거예요
- Lesson 41: Chapter 10 Culture Note, Pronunciation; Start Chapter 11, Chapter 11 Vocab (Parts of the Body)
- Lesson 42: Chapter 11 Vocab (illness, etc.), Chapter 11 Grammar: 'ㅡ' omission and V-지 마세요
- Lesson 43: Chapter 11 Grammar: N만; V-아야/어야/해야 되다/하다
- Lesson 44: Chapter 11 Culture Note, Pronunciation; Start Chapter 12, Chapter 12 Vocab (Telephone)
- Lesson 45: Chapter 12 Grammar: A/V-지요, N(이)지요; V-고 있어요
- Lesson 46: Chapter 12 Grammar: 못 V; A/V-아서/어서/해서
- Lesson 47: End Chapter 12, Culture Note and 못 Pronunciation; Start Chapter 13, Chapter 13 Vocab (Transportation)
- Lesson 48: Grammar: V-(으)려고 하다; N에서 N까지
- Lesson 49: Grammar: V-아/어 주다; N(으)로 + 가다/오다
- Lesson 50: End Chapter 13, Culture Note, 역 Pronunciation
- Lesson 51: Revision for Chapters 10-13 (Test 3, Beginner 3 Test)
- Lesson 52: Beginner 3 Test
- Lesson 53: Start Chapter 14, Chapter 14 Vocab (Clothes), Chapter 14 Grammar: 'ㄹ' 탈락 and A-(으)ㄴ
- Lesson 54: Chapter 14 Grammar: N한테[께] and V-아/어 보세요
- Lesson 55: End Chapter 14, Culture Note, Double Final Consonant Pronunciation; Start Chapter 15, Chapter 15 Vocab
- Lesson 56: Chapter 15 Grammar: A/V-(으)면 and V-는
- Lesson 57: Chapter 15 Grammar: V-고 싶다 and V-고 싶어 하다
- Lesson 58: End Chapter 15, Listening, Culture Note, Pronunciation; Start Chapter 16, Chapter 16 Vocab, Grammar: V-(으)ㄹ 수 있다/없다
- Lesson 59: Chapter 16 Grammar: V-(으)ㄹ게요 and V-(으)러 가다/오다
- Lesson 60: Grammar V-(으)면서, Culture Note, Pronunciation. End Chapter 16.
- Lesson 61: Revision for Chapters 14-16 (Test 4)
- Lesson 62: Beginner 4 Test
- To Know
- And and With, Formal and Informal
- Listening Practice for Korean Dates
- Learning from Talk to Me in Korean
- New Flashcards
- Referring to Older Siblings
- What are you doing now? (Labour Day)
- TIL: Bunch of stuff I learnt in the week leading up to the Beginner 2 Test while revising for it
- On Learning Languages
- Losing My Memrise Streak
- A New Year Greeting
- A Farewell to Lingvist
- Self-Study and Commitment