I created this blog initially as a place to store my notes from my Korean lessons, but realised it made more sense as a generic language blog as I'm also learning other languages (though not as actively since I'm focusing on Korean).
I've started to document my learning in other areas as well, so I will include posts from other areas from time to time.
Before it all gets out of hand and I throw up my hands in defeat at trying to organise, I decided to keep a list of my posts here (which I'll hopefully remember to update).
- Lessons 1-10 Grammar Summary - Very first post on this blog
- Lessons 1-10 Vocabulary List
- Lesson 11 - Start Chapter 3, Chapter 3 vocab
- Lesson 12 - Grammar: Conjugation for the informal polite present tense, Direct object marker
- Lesson 13 - Grammar: Indicating the location where an action took place, Negating a verb. Quiz.
- Lesson 14 - Start Chapter 4, Chapter 4 vocab, Grammar: Making statements about the place where the speaker is located
- Lesson 15 - Grammar: Indicating the location of someone or something, Indicating when someone is going to (coming from) a place
- Lesson 16 - Grammar: Indicating the position of objects or places relative to each other
- Lesson 17 - Start Chapter 5, Chapter 5 vocab, Grammar: Dates and days
- Lesson 18 - Grammar: Past tense. Quiz
- Lesson 19 - Grammar: Listing events in order
- Lesson 20 - End Chapter 5. Quiz in preparation for test.
- Lesson 21 - Revision for Chapters 1-5
- Lesson 22 - Beginner 1 Test (Chapters 1-5)
- Lesson 23 - Start Chapter 6, Chapter 6 vocab. Large (Sino-Korean) numbers for prices. Grammar: Politely making requests.
- Lesson 24 - Native Korean numbers (1-29), Unit nouns. Grammar: Counting items
- Lesson 25 - Revision lesson, same as Lesson 24. First online lesson.
- Lesson 26 - Quiz (same as Lesson 24). Adjectives in a sentence, revision on particles.
- Lesson 27 - Grammar: 도; Culture note for Chapter 6
- Lesson 28 - Pronunciation for Chapter 6. Start Chapter 7, Chapter 7 vocab. Irregular conjugation for some verbs and most adjectives with final consonant ㅂ
- Lesson 29 - Vocab Quiz; Grammar: 지만 and 습니다/ㅂ니다
- Lesson 30 - Grammar: 고
- Lesson 31 - Finishing Chapter 7: Listening, Culture note and Pronunciation for Chapter 7; Start Chapter 8, Chapter 8 vocab.
- Lesson 32 - Chapter 8 Grammar: ㄹ까요?, ㄷ irregular verbs
- Lesson 33: Chapter 8 Grammar: 이[그, 저] + N, A/V-네요, Culture note (dating)
- Lesson 34: Chapter 8 Pronunciation, Chapter 9 Vocab, Honorific Speech
- Lesson 35: Vocab Quiz, Chapter 9 Grammar: N1(의) N2, N을/를 잘하다 [잘 못하다, 못하다], N(이)세요
- Lesson 36: Chapter 9 Grammar: A/V-(으)-시-
- Lesson 37: Chapter 9 Pronunciation, Revision for Chapters 6-9
- Lesson 38: Beginner 2 Test (Chapters 6-9)
- Lesson 39: Start Chapter 10, Chapter 10 Vocab, Grammar: Time, N부터 N까지
- To Know
- And and With, Formal and Informal
- Listening Practice for Korean Dates
- Learning from Talk to Me in Korean
- New Flashcards
- Referring to Older Siblings
- What are you doing now? (Labour Day)
- TIL: Bunch of stuff I learnt in the week leading up to the Beginner 2 Test while revising for it
- On Learning Languages
- Losing My Memrise Streak
- A New Year Greeting
- A Farewell to Lingvist
- Self-Study and Commitment