I created this blog initially as a place to store my notes from my Korean lessons, but realised it made more sense as a generic language blog as I'm also learning other languages (though not as actively since I'm focusing on Korean).
I've started to document my learning in other areas as well, so I will include posts from other areas from time to time.
Before it all gets out of hand and I throw up my hands in defeat at trying to organise, I decided to keep a list of my posts here (which I'll hopefully remember to update).
Beginner (SNU 1)
- Lessons 1-10 Grammar Summary: Very first post on this blog
- Lessons 1-10 Vocabulary List
- Lesson 11: Start Chapter 3, Chapter 3 vocab
- Lesson 12: Grammar: Conjugation for the informal polite present tense, Direct object marker
- Lesson 13: Grammar: Indicating the location where an action took place, Negating a verb. Quiz.
- Lesson 14: Start Chapter 4, Chapter 4 vocab, Grammar: Making statements about the place where the speaker is located
- Lesson 15: Grammar: Indicating the location of someone or something, Indicating when someone is going to (coming from) a place
- Lesson 16: Grammar: Indicating the position of objects or places relative to each other
- Lesson 17: Start Chapter 5, Chapter 5 vocab, Grammar: Dates and days
- Lesson 18: Grammar: Past tense. Quiz
- Lesson 19: Grammar: Listing events in order
- Lesson 20: End Chapter 5. Quiz in preparation for test.
- Lesson 21: Revision for Chapters 1-5
- Lesson 22: Beginner 1 Test (Chapters 1-5)
- Lesson 23: Start Chapter 6, Chapter 6 vocab. Large (Sino-Korean) numbers for prices. Grammar: Politely making requests.
- Lesson 24: Native Korean numbers (1-29), Unit nouns. Grammar: Counting items
- Lesson 25: Revision lesson, same as Lesson 24. First online lesson.
- Lesson 26: Quiz (same as Lesson 24). Adjectives in a sentence, revision on particles.
- Lesson 27: Grammar: 도; Culture note for Chapter 6
- Lesson 28: Pronunciation for Chapter 6. Start Chapter 7, Chapter 7 vocab. Irregular conjugation for some verbs and most adjectives with final consonant ㅂ
- Lesson 29: Vocab Quiz; Grammar: 지만 and 습니다/ㅂ니다
- Lesson 30: Grammar: 고
- Lesson 31: Finishing Chapter 7: Listening, Culture note and Pronunciation for Chapter 7; Start Chapter 8, Chapter 8 vocab.
- Lesson 32: Chapter 8 Grammar: ㄹ까요?, ㄷ irregular verbs
- Lesson 33: Chapter 8 Grammar: 이[그, 저] + N, A/V-네요, Culture note (dating)
- Lesson 34: Chapter 8 Pronunciation, Chapter 9 Vocab, Honorific Speech
- Lesson 35: Vocab Quiz, Chapter 9 Grammar: N1(의) N2, N을/를 잘하다 [잘 못하다, 못하다], N(이)세요
- Lesson 36: Chapter 9 Grammar: A/V-(으)-시-
- Lesson 37: Chapter 9 Pronunciation, Revision for Chapters 6-9
- Lesson 38: Beginner 2 Test (Chapters 6-9)
- Lesson 39: Start Chapter 10, Chapter 10 Vocab, Grammar: Time, N부터 N까지
- Lesson 40: Chapter 10 Grammar: V-아서/어서; -(으)ㄹ 거예요
- Lesson 41: Chapter 10 Culture Note, Pronunciation; Start Chapter 11, Chapter 11 Vocab (Parts of the Body)
- Lesson 42: Chapter 11 Vocab (illness, etc.), Chapter 11 Grammar: 'ㅡ' omission and V-지 마세요
- Lesson 43: Chapter 11 Grammar: N만; V-아야/어야/해야 되다/하다
- Lesson 44: Chapter 11 Culture Note, Pronunciation; Start Chapter 12, Chapter 12 Vocab (Telephone)
- Lesson 45: Chapter 12 Grammar: A/V-지요, N(이)지요; V-고 있어요
- Lesson 46: Chapter 12 Grammar: 못 V; A/V-아서/어서/해서
- Lesson 47: End Chapter 12, Culture Note and 못 Pronunciation; Start Chapter 13, Chapter 13 Vocab (Transportation)
- Lesson 48: Grammar: V-(으)려고 하다; N에서 N까지
- Lesson 49: Grammar: V-아/어 주다; N(으)로 + 가다/오다
- Lesson 50: End Chapter 13, Culture Note, 역 Pronunciation
- Lesson 51: Revision for Chapters 10-13 (Test 3, Beginner 3 Test)
- Lesson 52: Beginner 3 Test
- Lesson 53: Start Chapter 14, Chapter 14 Vocab (Clothes), Chapter 14 Grammar: 'ㄹ' 탈락 and A-(으)ㄴ
- Lesson 54: Chapter 14 Grammar: N한테[께] and V-아/어 보세요
- Lesson 55: End Chapter 14, Culture Note, Double Final Consonant Pronunciation; Start Chapter 15, Chapter 15 Vocab
- Lesson 56: Chapter 15 Grammar: A/V-(으)면 and V-는
- Lesson 57: Chapter 15 Grammar: V-고 싶다 and V-고 싶어 하다
- Lesson 58: End Chapter 15, Listening, Culture Note, Pronunciation; Start Chapter 16, Chapter 16 Vocab, Grammar: V-(으)ㄹ 수 있다/없다
- Lesson 59: Chapter 16 Grammar: V-(으)ㄹ게요 and V-(으)러 가다/오다
- Lesson 60: Grammar V-(으)면서, Culture Note, Pronunciation. End Chapter 16.
- Lesson 61: Revision for Chapters 14-16 (Test 4)
- Lesson 62: Beginner 4 Test
Intermediate (SNU 2)
- Lesson 63: Chapter 1 Handout
- Lesson 64: Chapter 1, Video Script and Textbook
- Lesson 65: End Chapter 1: Culture Note, Pronunciation. Start Chapter 2, Vocabulary and Grammar: V-는 것
- Lesson 66: Chapter 2 Grammar: V-(으)ㄹ 줄 알다/모르다, V-(으)ㄴ, A/V-지 않다
- Lesson 67: End Chapter 2: Listening, Culture Note, Pronunciation, Video Script. Start Chapter 3, Chapter 3 Vocab
- Lesson 68: Chapter 3 Grammar: Grammar: V-아/어 보다; N 동안; A-(으)ㄴ데, V-는데, N인데
- Lesson 69: Chapter 3 Grammar: V-(으)ㄹ; Video Script
- Lesson 70: End Chapter 3: Listening, Culture Note, Pronunciation. Start Chapter 4: Vocab, Grammar: A-(으)ㄴ/V-는/N-인 것 같다, N보다
- Lesson 71: Chapter 4 Grammar: A/V-았/었으면 좋겠다, Video Script
- Lesson 72: End Chapter 4: Listening, Culture Note, Pronunciation. Revision for Chapters 1-4. Particle Summary 은/는 vs 이/가
- Lesson 73: Intermediate 1 Test
- Lesson 74: Start Chapter 5, Chapter 5 Vocab, Grammar: A/V-(으)ㄹ까요?/N일까요?; A/V-(으)ㄹ 거예요/N일 거예요; A/V-(으)니까/N(이)니까
- Lesson 75: Chapter 5 Grammar: V-고 나서; Video Script and Textbook
- Lesson 76: End Chapter 5: Textbook—Listening, Culture Note, Pronunciation. Start Chapter 6, Chapter 6 Vocab, Grammar: N(으)로
- Lesson 77: Chapter 6 Grammar: N(이)라서, ‘르’ 불규칙
- Lesson 78: Chapter 6 Grammar: V-(으)면 되다, V-(으)ㄴ 것 같다; Video Script and Textbook
- Lesson 79: End Chapter 6: Textbook—Listening, Culture Note, Pronunciation. Start Chapter 7, Chapter 7 Vocab, Grammar: A/V-(으)ㄹ 것 같다; V-는지/A-(으)ㄴ지/N인지 + 알다[모르다]
- Lesson 80: Chapter 7 Grammar: V-(으)려면; V-다가
- Lesson 81: End Chapter 7: Video Script and Textbook—Listening, Culture Note, Pronunciation. Start Chapter 8, Chapter 8 Vocab (incomplete)
- Lesson 82: Chapter 8 Vocab, Chapter 8 Grammar: A/V-겠-; N 때문에; V-아/어 버리다; A/V-(으)ㄹ 때, N 때
- Lesson 83: Chapter 8 Video Script and Textbook—until Listening.
- Lesson 84: Chapter 8 Culture Note, Pronunciation. Revision for Chapters 5–8 (Intermediate 2 Test)
- Lesson 85: Intermediate 2 Test
- Lesson 86: Chapter 9 Vocab, Grammar: A-(으)ㄴ데요, V-는데요, N인데요; V-는 중이다, N중이다; A-(으)ㄴ가요?, V-나요?, N인가요?
- Lesson 87: Chapter 9 Grammar: N밖에, Chapter 9 Video Script
- Lesson 88: End Chapter 9: Culture Note, Pronunciation. Overview of SNU 2B (Chapters 10–18). Start Chapter 10: Vocab, Grammar: N 중에(서)
- Lesson 89: Chapter 10: Grammar: 반말; V-(으)ㄹ래요; A-(으)ㄴ데, V-는데, N인데
- Lesson 90: End Chapter 10: Textbook—Pronunciation.
- Lesson 91: Start Chapter 11: Chapter 11 Vocab, Grammar: ‘ㅅ’ 불규칙; N마다; V-는 게 어때요?; V-기로 하다
- Lesson 92: Chapter 10 (yes, 10) Video Script. End Chapter 11 Textbook: Culture Note, Pronunciation. (There is no video script for Chapter 11.)
- Lesson 93: Start Chapter 12: Chapter 12 Vocab, Grammar: A-아/어 보이다, N처럼[같이], A-(으)ㄴ/V-는 편이다, A-게
- Lesson 94: End Chapter 12: Chapter 12 Video Script, Textbook—Culture Note, Pronunciation. Revision for Chapters 9–12
- To Know
- And and With, Formal and Informal
- Listening Practice for Korean Dates
- Learning from Talk to Me in Korean
- New Flashcards
- Referring to Older Siblings
- What are you doing now? (Labour Day)
- TIL: Bunch of stuff I learnt in the week leading up to the Beginner 2 Test while revising for it
- On Learning Languages
- Losing My Memrise Streak
- A New Year Greeting
- A Farewell to Lingvist
- Self-Study and Commitment